Bloglovin

Follow

Sunday 20 September 2015

Foundation Files; Becca Blotting Powder Perfector - Tinted

Foundation Files; This is where I test out different base products, from concealer to powder, tinted moisturiser and foundation etc, over a period of 7-14 days and post my findings. (Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin so you don't miss a post) So let’s get started!!!

First off some information about me; Skintype: Combination (leaning dry in winter and Oily in Summer). Shade Reference: in between MAC NC45-50/NW43. Undertones: Yellow/Neutral.

Becca Blotting Powder Perfector - Tinted
Brand: Becca

Name: Blotting Powder Perfector

Coverage: None
Shade: Tinted

Swatch:
Becca Blotting Powder Perfector - Tinted - Swatch
What The brand says: An oil-absorbing powder that mattifies skin and sets makeup for a long-lasting perfected soft focus look. This non-drying micro-fine powder controls shine without adding noticeable color or texture. Imperfections are softened while the appearance of pores are minimized for a velvet smooth finish. Use after foundation application to set makeup or alone for touch ups throughout the day.
Wear time (with/without primer): This has great wear time, once applied I don't need to reapply for a few hours, however I did find towards the end of the day more frequent reapplication was required to keep shine at bay.
Price (ml): £29 (10.8g)

Pros: Controls oil
Comes in a handy pouch

Cons: Would benefit from one extra shade being added to the line
Suitable Skin Types: Combination, Normal, Oily

Ingredients: MICA, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE. MAY CONTAIN: CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE), CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE)

Oxidation: None
Any Other Information: It comes with a powder puff, which I never used, it's housed in a mirrored compact, and the little zip up pouch and is a great addition.

Conclusion: Every summer the hunt for the perfect products to keep shine at bay is on, this year I found one such product, the Becca Blotting Powder Perfector. This comes in 2 shades, tinted and translucent, I picked this up from SpaceNK. I use this mainly to touch up throughout the day, I found that when used to set my base if I was a little too heavy handed it would initially make me appear a little ashy, but this doesn't happen during touch ups. it can also be used as a finishing powder, once setting powder has been applied to also prevent this.

This powder is great for absorbing oil, without getting cakey and heavy, as it has little to no coverage it hardly alters the colour of your original make up. However repeated application is required the longer you've had your makeup on, as the mattifying effects don't last as long, . I can see this product becoming a stable feature in my summer makeup, for keeping shine at bay.

*Rating: Lust

*Ratings; Hate, dislike, Like, Lust, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment