Bloglovin

Follow

Friday 19 April 2013

Get To Know Me:The Beauty Blogger Tag!!!


I have seen a couple of these tags and when I was reading through Beauty Broadcast's Blog, aka Emily Noel, she decided to tag everyone.  I agree with her that it'll be a great way for you to get to know a little more about me, so here goes.


1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight? I've been relaxed for many years, so it's straight. I haven't relaxed my hair since July 2012 as it's been in a weave mostly, I plan to get a brazilian blow dry very soon, so I'll let you all know how that goes.

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon? I haven't dyed my actual hair for a while now, but my weave I dye myself, however in the past I've done both on my actual hair.

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it? I'm quite low maintenance when I have a weave in, hence why I have it in, it pretty much stays the same until I revisit the hairdressers.

4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon? At present I do my own, years ago I use to have acryllics done and after that gel polish, as a treat I might go get the odd manicure now and again.

5. How often do you change your nail polish? At present I change it weekly, being a working mum it's hard to find the time and until recently I was also studying, my toes can go even longer especially in the colder months.

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just summer? Kinda already answered this lol!!! I polish them all year round, but less often in the colder months.

7. How long does it take to put on make-up? I think I take a fair amount of time to get ready, I'm always running late, lol!!! I have never actually timed myself, I'd say about 15 minutes in the morning, depending on how late I'm running. If I'm going out in the evening then it can take even longer, drives my husband crazy lol!!!

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes? Always tends to be face, if I remember or think about it or want to do particularly heavy eye make-up I might do eyes first, but on the whole I do my face.

9. Do you collect make-up or just buy what you need when you need it? Definately collect it lol, one of the reasons I decided to start blogging, might as well let people know how the products worked out for me and gives me even more of an excuse to buy more make-up (shhhh don't tell my hubby).

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes? As often as I can get away with lol, I don't wear them to work, but for an event I definately will. If it's a day time outing, then it just depends on where I am going, what it's for, my mood etc.

11. Do you do a full face of make-up everyday? No, some days if I'm home all day I don't wear any, if I'm just running errands I may just do something light tinted moisturiser, mascara etc.

12. Do you wear make-up when you're home alone or with family? Sometimes, I wear make-up if I'm home alone if I'm testing out a product, just feel like experimenting or the mood takes me. With family it depends on the event, my mood etc.

13. Will you leave the house without make-up? Yes, I never want to be bound by make-up, but I do really enjoy wearing it.

14. How many high-end products do you own? I have never counted, but my drugstore range definately outweighs the high-end brands, however I do have a ponchant for luxury.

15. Do you plan your outfit of the day every night or decide when you wake up? No matter how organised I try to be, I will eventually end up planning my outfit in the morning.

16. How often do you change your handbag? My work handbag pretty much stays the same, but for all other events I decide depending on my outfit.

17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep? I go to bed between 11-12pm ish and wake up at about 6.30am. I get about approximately 6 hours a night, even on weekends, my 16 month old doesn't know the meaning of a lie in.

18. How often or when do you workout? Hardly ever, people don't believe me when I say that though, I've been to the gym once since my son was born. I tried the squat challenge recently and got to day 8. *Gotta start that back up*

19. Left handed or right? Right, but for some reason I've always wished I was left handed.

20. How tall are you? 5'5

21. Do you speak any foreign language? Yoruba (from Nigeria), wish I spoke more languages.

22. How many pets do you have? None, like the idea of getting a dog, maybe one day.

23. How often are you on blogger? I read blogs on blogloving several times a day, on my own blog less, trying to post more often.

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs? Yes, not all if there are loads, on my blog all comments, I don't get that many lol!!!

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts? Yes, I have a list in the notes section on my iphone, it very long lol!!!

26. How did you come up with your blog name? It's a play on my name that came about with a friend in college, couldn't think of anything else that I liked, so thought why not. It's now the same name I use on my twitter.

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs? Mostly my iphone, I also have a little canon, but mostly my iphone.

28. How often do yo clean your house? Feels like all the time with a husband and a 16 month old, mostly at the weekends, with general stuff during the week after work.

29. What's your favourite colour? It was purple, but I'm really falling for teal at the moment, and I think any shade of orange looks nice against my skintone.

30. Do you swear? I use to have a real potty mouth years ago, much more toned down now though.

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day? Well it's 11.12pm so I'll finish writing this post, probably peruse the internet a little more, then go to bed.

Wow!!! Thats the end of my first tag, if you read all the way to the end thank you, if you have done one of these yourself let me know and I 'll take a look. I tag everyone whi wishes to do it!!!

Thanks for visiting the blog today.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment