Bloglovin

Follow

Friday 11 October 2013

Hourglass Liquid Powder Foundation in Sable!!!

In a quest to expand my Hourglass collection (aka obsession), I finally purchased the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation, touted as 'the' foundation for oily skin and with rave reviews I had to see for myself. The closest spacenk store to me closed down recently, (I almost cried...literally), so I had to purchase blind based on swatches and shade descriptions from Beautyprofessor.net, at £50 it was a pricey risk to take. I bought it as part of my purchase with the spacenk beauty event, I figured it was the best time to stock up on my most lusted after items and get a great GWP, also a great way to test new products.

I chose the colour sable, which is the second to darkest shade available, for a mac reference I'm inbetween NC45-50. This foundation is formulated to absorb oil without absorbing moisture, due to an ingredient called cashmere kaolin clay, it's a liquid to powder formulation with a velvet matte finish. It's oil free and water resistant, it's also been reported to have skincare benefits for those with acne and blemish prone skin. It does not require powder to set, in fact it sets quite quickly, so you have to be quick during application and blending.
FlashNo flash

As with most Hourglass products it's oil, paraben, phthalate, fragance, nanoparticle, synthetic dye and gluten free. It's vegan and water resistant, it provide medium to full coverage, although I've never built it up to more than medium coverage.

The shade comes off a tad beige/ashy on initial application (I wish it had more yellow in it), but once it sets, and in a complete make-up look it blends well and is a great match. I was surprised to find that my skin did require a touch up after a few hours, nothing major, but I guess with a hyped up product you can tend to have higher expectations. However it performs best with the Hourglass mineral veil primer, it also comes with a sachet in the box, no touch up's required at all!!!

Have you tried any hourglass products? What's your favourite?

Thanks for visiting the blog today

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment