Bloglovin

Follow

Sunday 22 June 2014

bareMinerals Bare Skin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation and perfecting face brush!

I took the opportunity to pick up the latest Bare Minerals Foundation and accompanying brush while in Atlanta recently, it's not due to launch in the UK until around September, but I think QVCUK while have an early pre-launch at the end of June.

 
The bottle is colour coded to represent the shade of the foundation inside, I was colour matched to the shade Bare expresso number 19 of the 20 shades available. This is touted to be the first liquid mineral foundation, formulated without water, silicone, oil, parabens or fragrance. It is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic and contains a non-chemical SPF of 20, it also contains vitamin C to help brighten the complexion. The brush has a little dip in the centre, once you shake the foundation well, you apply 1-6 drops, depending on the level of coverage you want to achieve and buff it into the skin. However I actually prefer to use my Real techniques buffing brush, so I don't think the brush is an essential purchase.
 

 

Bare minerals developed the tag line Shake, drop, buff to help you remember, you have to ensure you shake this foundation well, as it contains no binders it has a tendencey to separate. Despite the 20 shades I think darker skinned girls may still struggle to find a shade match, also the undertone of the darker shades isn't great, which doesn't help in shade matching.
 
SwatchedBlended
 
I would say my colour match is pretty good, although it does look slightly strange if I try to build up the coverage, but once the rest of my make-up is applied it looks ok. It controls oil well if my combination skin is properly prepped i.e. primer, light moisturiser etc. As my first ever bare minerals foundation, it's a lovely light weight formula, that evens out the skin quite well and is great for the warmer months. The omission of the usual nasties and addition of vitamin C and SPF is a nice touch, it's good to know something you are using can benefit your skin in the long run.
 
Will you be trying this new foundation once launched? Have you tried it already? What are your thoughts?
 
Thanks for visiting the blog today
 

No comments:

Post a Comment