Bloglovin

Follow

Wednesday 14 January 2015

DECIEM; Grow Gorgeous, Hand Chemistry and Inhibitif

I'm so intrigued by Deciem released products, it's a collection of brands launched under the Deciem umbrella, they wanted to release a host of products that will change the beauty industry and have been doing so one launch at a time. I've tried a range of items from the brand, so thought I'd give an overview of what I've tried to date, also see the Hair Molecule review from Fountain.
First up is the Grow Gorgeous Hair Growth Serum; Designed to give lethargic hair follicles a kick up the behind, this will not work on dead follicles. It's an ultra concentrated formula with a blend of 21.5% (that's really high apparently) active complex, that includes hyaluronic acid (of course) with 7 technologies working together to make hair visibly longer, thicker and fuller (same thing?!). It comes housed in a glass bottle with pipette dispenser, for accurate application to the scalp, it's recommended to apply 20 drops daily and the 60ml bottle at £30 should last 2 months. I absolutely loved this, I mainly focused on applying this to my hairline, as this is my main area of concern, so it lasted longer than 2 months. I definitely noticed a thickening of the hair along my hairline and will definitely return to using this once I'm done testing another hair growth product (stay tuned).
The next product is the Hand Chemistry Intense Youth Complex hand cream, designed to improve the 8 signs of hand ageing with visible results promised in 11 days, it also had the tag line of 'Making hands look 10 years younger in 10 days'. Being in my 30's I'm lucky to not be so worried about wrinkles on my face, but they do say your hands can give away your true age and with very dry hands I'm always on the search for the best hand cream. However my hands did not look younger, and I did not find this hand cream moisturising enough for me, at £19 for a 100ml I used the product up, mainly at night before bed underneath another hand cream, but I will not be repurchasing. I did not give up though and decided to try another hand cream from the range, with a 20% discount code I decided it was worth the risk for the Triple-Function Hyaluronic-Rich Hydrator (what a mouthful), at a more reasonable £7 for 60ml. Promising to offer above and below surface hydration, while forming a protective invisible glove to help prevent moisture loss and boasting ingredients like mango butter I was sure onto a winner. This faired better than it's predecessor, it hydrates and absorbs quickly with a light citrus scent, but was still lacking a little in the moisturising department on my very dry hands. Again it seems the hand creams are not for me, I will use this up, but not repurchase.

Also part of the Hand Chemistry range is the Retin-oil, multi-vitamin dry body oil that's said to target scars, stretch marks (joys of motherhood), ageing, dehydrated skin, surface irregularities and discolouration in just 2 weeks. I've been using this for approximately that amount of time and have to say the smell is not that pleasant, but it does dissipate, I didn't find it moisturising enough on it's own (blame the cold weather) so have been mixing it with another moisturiser, but am yet to see any fading discoloration or stretch marks. I'll use up this small 100ml bottle, but unless something great happens before it's empty I will not be repurchasing this at £20.
Finally is Inhibitif, a range of products designed to minimise hair regrowth so you don't have to shave/wax as often (yes please), I tried the Deodorant, which I loved. However it's probably one of the most expensive deodorants I've used at £9 for 50ml, but it definitely reduced hair regrowth, within the claimed 2 week timeframe. Being an anti-perspirant girl at heart and using this during the summer months I still sprayed my usual anti-perspirant over the top, but this didn't affect it's efficacy. I would definitely repurchase this, in fact writing this post is reminding me that I should have bought it when I had my 20% discount code (sigh).

Have you tried anything from the Deciem branded ranges? On the website you can pick items across all the brands into one basket with free P&P, and it looks like they have no plans to stop with more brands in the pipe line.

Thanks for visiting the blog today

Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment