Bloglovin

Follow

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Kiko Cosmetics Summer Collection

I had the pleasure of attending the launch of Kiko Milano's Limited Edition Summer Collection, inspired by the passion to travel, I have to say I was awe struck by the gorgeous packaging straight off the bat. The packaging was designed by designer Ross Lovegrove who's known for his futuristic and conceptual work, he was given the brief to design beautiful products you can take with you anywhere. This fits well with Kiko's overall ethos to provide functional and affordable products, that look and perform far better than there actual cost. The result? The collections gorgeous golden lust worthy packaging, that I'd be happy to pull out of my bag for on the go touch-ups absolutely anywhere.
TheFoundationDirectory.blogspot.com; Kiko Summer Collection
This huge collection includes a DD Cream, Cream & Powder Foundation, Bronzer, Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, Mascara, Lipstick, Lip Oils, Highlighters, Makeup brushes, Baked Blushers, Fragrance and another gorgeous make-up bag I'd rather use as a clutch bag (Click here to see what I'm talking about). I haven't managed to try everything I received from this massive collection, partly due the size of the collection, but also because the foundation I got in the goody bag actually doesn't match my skin tone. I'll pick some of my favourites so far from what I have.
TheFoundationDirectory.BlogSpot.com; Kiko Summer Collection
First up is the Endless Sky Volume Effect Mascara £12.90; As the name would imply, this is a volumising mascara, and it's great at doing that, but not so much lengthening. It's a very nice very black mascara that stays put all day, it has a medium sized brush that tapers to a point. I really like this mascara, but I do pair it with a lengthening mascara (which I do a lot with my mascara's) to get the benefits of both volume and length. The Dessert Dunes Bronzer £22.90 is another item I like, not because it actually bronzes my skin tone, even though I have the darker of the 2 shades available. I used this as a finishing powder to add a subtle glow to my face. This bronzer is absolutely huge, a massive 20grams to be precise, very reminiscent of something from Tom Ford. It could also be used as a subtle highlighter depending on your skin tone. Next up is the Mirage Lip Stylo £13.90 (aka Lipstick), I have 2 of the 16 shades and 11 Soul Blackcurrant is my fave, the deep fuchsia shade is right up my street, when I want to opt for bold colour on my lips, see it in action on my instagram (Aallexxy) here. The next item I'm going to touch on is the Lip Oil £10.90, which I feel is a brewing trend in beauty. This is a great glossy textured moisturising lip oil that has no colour, but is available in three scents, hence the different tints I have the vanilla scented option. The scent is not overpowering or sickly, which is nice, it just gives some hydration and sheen to the lips more than anything. It's a nice alternative to applying a balm, while out and about. And finally is the Makeup Pochette £16.90, which as mentioned previously, I'd more likely use as a clutch bag on a night out.


TheFoundationDirectory.blogspot.com; Kiko Summer Collection
What do you think of this new collection? Have you picked up any items yet? See the collection here, prices start from £8.90.



No comments:

Post a Comment