Bloglovin

Follow

Saturday 3 September 2016

Foundation Files; Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF10

Foundation Files; This is where I test out different base products, from concealer to powder, tinted moisturiser and foundation etc, over a period of 7-14 days and post my findings. (Follow me on InstagramTwitter and Bloglovin so you don't miss a post) So let’s get started!!!


First off some information about me; Skintype: Combination (leaning dry in winter and Oily in Summer). Shade Reference: in between MAC NC45-50/NW43. Undertones: Warm/Yellow/Neutral.

TheFoundationDirectory; Foundation Files (image from google)
Brand: Estee Lauder

Name: Double Wear Stay-in Place Makeup


Coverage: Medium-Full
Shade: 5N2 Amber Honey

Swatch: 
TheFoundationDirectory; Estee Lauder Double Wear Swatch
What The brand says: The UK's NO. 1 Foundation.* 15-hour staying power. Flawless all day. This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity. Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes. Feels lightweight and comfortable. Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day. 


Wear time (with/without primer): The wear time on this foundation is great, even without primer, I can go all day without touch-ups (but tend to out of habit anyway). If I'm going out after work I will touch-up, my nose, as always will eventually get oily, but it takes longer than with other foundations.
Price (ml): £31 for 30ml

Pros: Extensive shade range
Long wearing
Added SPF
Accessible
Buildable coverage

Cons: No pump
A little pricey
Suitable Skin Types: All except extremely dry/dry


Ingredients: None listed on the website
Oxidation: None

Any Other Information: I purchased this foundation at my local boots counter, also available at boots.com and esteelauder.co.uk
Conclusion: Double wear is obviously not new, but I have finally got around to trying this hugely loved foundation and have to say it lives upto the hype. yes, the foundation runs orange, but I love a fabulously oranged toned foundation, it just works for my skin tone. This foundation has literally up'd my expectations of the wear time of other foundations, the wear time is great, and the colour matched is pretty spot on (when I'm not tanned from my holiday and with the extra dash of orange I like in my foundation lol).

*Rating: Love

*Ratings; Hate, dislike, Like, Lust, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment