Bloglovin

Follow

Thursday 9 May 2013

Benefits fake up!!!

Hello everyone,

By now most of you would have heard of Benefits latest release, the hydrating crease-control concealer, Fake-up. I was in need (want) of a new day-to-day use concealer and decided to try this one, especially as asos had 30% off all beauty on there website, which meant this £18.50 concealer was even cheaper. This concealer is different in that it is surrounded by a hydrating ring, which contains vitamin E and apple seed extract, benefit claims it hydrates, conceals, is long lasting and won't crease among other things. The shade range is limited, light, medium and deep, I knew I would be using this as an under eye concealer so opted for the shade medium to brighten and highlight my under eye area.














I love Benefits quirky packaging, which makes this concealer easy to use and travel/handbag friendly, great for touch ups throughout the day. I dab it straight from the tube under my eyes and blend it out with my finger, I then set it with either my MAC mineralise skinfinish powder, my hourglass ambient ligthing powder in Dim or both.

With FlashWithout Flash


Initially when I applied the concealer, it creased a very tiny bit, but I blended it out further with my finger and it's not been a problem since. I really like this concealer, once blended it doesn't crease and is long lasting, I was worried it would make my combination skin look greasy and oily, but it gives a gorgeous, luminous glow to the skin. I can't comment on whether it conceals dark circles, as I am using it as a highlighting concealer and my dark circles are only bad when I've had periods of poor sleep.
Set with ambient powder in Dim.
 
 
Have you tried this concealer yet, what did you think? Any further questions please feel free to post a comment below.
 
Thanks for visiting the blog today.
 
Alex
 

2 comments:

  1. It really looks fab on you! I was wondering if I should buy this, but I think i should.. I just hope the light shade is light enough for my skin tone xx

    Gemma | ♥ I am running a giveaway to win MAC's RiRi Woo on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!!! I'm loving this and use it daily, so I hope the light shade works for you.

      Delete