Bloglovin

Follow

Sunday 31 August 2014

Sleek Make-up’s limited edition I-divine in Arabian Nights

Here's a post I wrote for brownbeautytalk.com; I've added swatches, the palette is still available on sleekmakeup.com, enjoy.

Sleek cosmetics is probably one of my favourite drugstore brands, they cater to a wide variety of skin tones, affordable items that do what they say on the tin. I mean an eyeshadow palette of 12 shades that are pigmented and blend beautifully at £7.99, there isn’t a shade I do not like in this palette and it can serve for a variety of occasions from day to night. It comes housed in a gorgeously sleek black compact, with a double ended applicator.
Sleek state that this I-divine eyeshadow palette is inspired by Arabian fantasy, seduction and warm rich colours. The deep tones of green, blue and gold melt together, forming beautiful smoky effects, suited to all skin tones. I couldn’t agree more, if you are looking for an eyeshadow palette with some none neutral colours, I couldn’t recommend this highly enough. If you have oily eyelids, you may require a primer to increase longevity, but I find eyeshadows last well on me without one.

 
The palette contains a mixture of shimmer and metallic shades, with only one matte shade, which is stallion a dark brown burgundy colour. The stand out shades for me are; scheherazade’s tale a light medium golden beige with a metallic finish that’s great as an inner corner highlight. Genie a rich medium dark bronzy brown with a metallic finish, which is great if you want an all over wash of colour for a quick daytime look. Black magic a blackened navy blue with a satin finish, hocus pocus a gorgeous light emerald green with a metallic finish, Simbad’s Seas a navy blue with a satin finish and valley of diamonds a dark wine colour with gold shimmer shot through it. But to be honest, there isn’t a shade I wouldn’t wear in this palette, it’s bold but can be worn subtle at the same time and would be gorgeous to create a smokey eye.
As it’s limited edition I would grab this ASAP!!!

This post appeared first on brownbeautytalk.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment