Bloglovin

Follow

Thursday 23 April 2015

Aallexxy's Foundation Files; Sleek Makeup Bare Skin Foundation

Foundation Files; This is where I test out different base products, from concealer to powder, tinted moisturiser and foundation etc, over a period of 7-14 days and post my findings. (Follow me on Instagram,Twitter and Bloglovin so you don't miss a post) So let’s get started!!!

First off some information about me; Skintype: Combination (leaning dry in winter and Oily in Summer). Shade Reference:in between MAC NC45-50/NW43. Undertones: Yellow/Neutral.

Sleek MakeUp bare SKIN Foundation

Brand: Sleek (available from superdrug and boots)

Name: Bare Skin

Coverage: Light to Light Medium

Shade: Earth

Swatch:

Sleek MakeUp bare SKIN Swatch
What The brand says: Bare Skin Foundation's unique light foundation gives skin a barely-there no-makeup feel, whilst delivering a beautifully even and natural, flawless finish. The innovative, moisturising formula also assists in evening out skin tone, whilst concealing blemishes and imperfections. This superlight base feels weightless, allowing skin to breathe.

Wear time (with/without primer): The wear time on this actually improved in the absence of a primer, might have been because the primer was hydrating, which in addition to the foundation made my combo skin too oily. I imagine a mattifying primer would extend the wear even further, obviously if you have dry skin you'll want more moisture.
Price (ml): £8.99 for 30ml
Pros: 12 shades
Affordable

Cons: May not be suitable for oily skin
Suitable Skin Types:
Ingredients: Paraffin oil,Isooctyl palmitate. Isododecane.Beeswax.Sorbitan sesquioleate.Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone.Titanium Dioxide.Magnesium stearate.Dimethicone.Sodium chloride.Iron Oxides CI77491,77492,77499. Phenoxyethanol.Methylistohiazolinone

Oxidation: Minimal to none.
Any Other Information: Sleek is one of my favourite drugstore brands, they provide good quality effective makeup at an affordable price and a nice shade range for women of colour. The face contour kit is one of my faves products, that I use nearly everyday.

Conclusion: This is a great drugstore foundation, good for those starting out with makeup or don't want to spend a fortune on makeup. The foundation lasted all day with no touch ups on me when I did not prime (see above), by the end of the day my oils had started to push through. However I feel in warmer months, this may not be the best option for my combo skin, but a good winter foundation.
*Rating: Like 
*Rating: Hate, dislike, like, lust, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment