Bloglovin

Follow

Thursday 4 June 2015

Aallexxy's Foundation Files; Ajcrimson Dual Skin Creme Foundation

Foundation Files; This is where I test out different base products, from concealer to powder, tinted moisturiser and foundation etc, over a period of 7-14 days and post my findings. (Follow me on Instagram,Twitter and Bloglovin so you don't miss a post) So let’s get started!!!

First off some information about me; Skintype: Combination (leaning dry in winter and Oily in Summer). Shade Reference:in between MAC NC45-50/NW43. Undertones: Yellow/Neutral.

Ajcrimson Dual Skin Creme Foundation
Brand: Ajcrimson

Name: Dual Skin Foundation

Coverage: Medium
Shade: #5 (according to the website comparable to mac NW45 in Studio Fix Fluid)

Swatch:
Ajcrimson Dual Skin Creme Foundation Swatch

What The brand says: AJ Crimson Creme Foundation perfect for every woman of color. Formulated by celebrity makeup artist AJ Crimson, promises to deliver smooth finish and coverage.
Wear time (with/without primer): The wear time on this is good, but I do require a touch-ups throughout the day, especially around my nose area even with primer.
Price (ml): $35

Pros: Lightweight
buildable coverage
Not cakey

Cons: Not a lot of information on the website
Poor accessibility in the UK
No ingredients listed
Suitable Skin Types: Dry and normal.  Combo and Oily skins will need good prep, especially during warmer months.
Ingredients: Not listed on the website, on the product or packaging.

Oxidation: None
Any Other Information: This colour is a little too red for my skintone, but when I swatched it at the makeup masterclass he did in London last month, 4.5 seemed too light and 6 was even more red toned than this. It balances it out once I apply concealer and a yellow toned powder.

Conclusion: This is a nice cream based founadtion, that's probably best suited to my combo skin in the cooler months
*Rating: Like
Ratings; Hate, Dislike, Like, Lust, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment